We have a great reputation for transparency when repurposing metals, as we abide by best marketplace practices as put forth by the Better Business Bureau. We believe that educating our customers about how their jewelry will be repurposed if of utmost importance; and abide by the following:
- We guarantee transport of your precious metals if you are not local – and offer trackable secure overnight shipments, door-to-door delivery, or secure delivery from collection to vault and tailor-made itineraries according to specifications of the sender/consignee. We do this with our long-term partnership with trusted and insured global leaders in the jewelry transport industry.
- We help you evaluate if the piece is of greater value if not melted down; as if comes from a well-known designer or maker, or is of beautiful vintage craftsmanship, it may have a value to some buyers beyond the metal it’s made of.
- We help disassemble the piece from gemstone or any other matter that cannot be repurposed; and determine the value based on the amount of metal that can be repurposed only.
- We test all karats of gold and otherwise, to describe to our customers the karat fineness of the alloy and weigh each separately. For example, pure gold is often combined with other metals to create durability and color. One karat of gold equals 1/24 of pure gold by weight. So 14 karats would mean the jewelry was 14 parts gold and 10 parts other metals. We do not weigh 14k gold with 18k gold as there are different values for each.
- We offer you the right to refuse our buyback offer before melting down any of your precious metals and return it immediately, without holds.
- We offer the same market rate for either small or large quantities of metals.
- We guarantee any personal information that needs to be collected (government-issued identification which is required to identify stolen property, prevent theft and/or money laundering) is kept secure.